For my birthday this year, I knew I wanted to check into a beautiful and relaxing luxury resort in Los Cabos, Mexico. When doing my research, I came across one of the top ranked properties of 2017 in Cabo San Lucas: the Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar. A 4.5-star resort with a private beach and an infinity pool? You know I was sold.
When choosing where to stay during my travels, location is of great importance to me. I wanted something slightly secluded -- for some much needed R&R -- yet still centrally located so I could access the marina for excursions (~20 minutes by car) and explore the city of San José del Cabo (~40 minutes by car). The Sheraton was conveniently located to tick all my boxes, right at the Corredor between the cities of San José del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- You can book your stay directly on their website or Booking.com, making it quick and easy to reserve your room
- If you're a Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) member, you can apply Starpoints towards your stay and also score free breakfast for two
- Check-in is at 3:00pm and Check-out time is 12:00pm
- Parking is complimentary, should you have a car during your stay
- If you forget to bring cash, there are two ATMs near the hotel lobby to withdraw in US dollars or pesos
If you are planning to leave the resort to explore other parts of Los Cabos (and you should), you'll need to plan your day by your mode of transportation. For any reserved excursions or tours, your meeting point will likely be at the main marina dock in Cabo San Lucas. And the charming city of San José del Cabo should not be missed! There are many options to and from the Sheraton:
- Taxi: By far, the most readily available mode of transportation is taxis. However, this can sometimes come at a premium. The cost of a one-way ride to the marina is $25 and a one-way ride to the city of San José del Cabo is $35.
- Hotel Shuttle: The Sheraton offers round trip shuttle transfer to the marina for $12/person. Check with the hotel concierge for daily arrival and departure times. My husband and I utilized this shuttle service once during our trip, and it was extremely easy and efficient!
- Buses: The nearest bus stop is about half a mile from the hotel. This is definitely the cheapest option to get from one place to another. Check with the hotel concierge for times and pricing.
- Rental Car: After spending a few days in Los Cabos, my husband and I agreed that on our next trip, we would definitely be renting a car. The costs of transportation can add up, and with the Sheraton offering free parking, this seems to be the most convenient option!
One of my favorite elements of the Sheraton is the decor: traditional Mexican details meet modern amenities to deliver a luxurious and Instagram-worthy stay. Think pretty tiles, carved wood and pops of color! There are five room styles to choose from:
- Deluxe Room (470 ft²): sleeps 4
- One-bedroom Suite (905-910 ft²): sleeps 4
- Parlor Suite (900 ft²): sleeps 6
- Imperial Suite (1408 ft²): sleeps 2
- Virreyes Suite (1625 ft²): sleeps 10
All rooms include a comfy Sheraton Signature Bed, mini bar, whirlpool jacuzzi tub, air conditioning, television, in-room safe and internet access (for an additional fee). Daily cleaning services are also provided for each night's stay.
I loved that our upgraded two-story Parlor Suite came with a balcony facing the inside of the resort! Not only does it have a gorgeous view, but It is perfect for sipping coffee in the mornings or watching the sunset into the ocean at night.
There is no shortage of restaurants and delicious cuisines to choose from at the Sheraton Grand Los Cabos! From casual to fine dining, there's something for everyone. Five on-site restaurants and three bars make for a vibrant and lively atmosphere no matter where you dine. And if you've had a long day, you can even opt to order from the 24-hour room service menu. View a full list of dining options here.
My personal favorites were Tomatoes Restaurant for the breakfast buffet (+ bottomless mimosas!!!) and Girasoles for a flavorful Mexican dinner accompanied by live music in the evenings! There's even an on-site Starbucks to get your morning caffeine fix!
Note: All-inclusive meal plans are available for an additional charge at the time of booking.
As a guest at the Sheraton, you can indulge in a variety of amenities & activities:
- Plunge into any of the five pools with stunning views of the ocean or enjoy poolside drinks + snacks all day long from one of two hot tubs
- Lounge under an umbrella on the Sheraton's private Tortuga Beach overlooking the Sea of Cortez
- Splurge on a day at the Cactus Spa and wipe all your worries away
- Attend some of the wonderful activities arranged by the resort itself. From volleyball and blackjack to water sports and yoga, there's a ton of options to choose from. I attended the bartending class during my stay and it was so much fun learning how to make authentic Mexican cocktails!
- Tee up and utilize any of the two golf courses at Golf by Cabo del Sol
- Reserve a snorkeling tour or a number of other adventurous water activities during your stay
If a great location and some premium R&R is what you're after, I highly recommend spending a few days in one of the gorgeous rooms at the Sheraton Grand Los Cabos to get your fix! The vibrant resort and thoughtful details are sure to charm you into returning again someday!
This is not a sponsored post. As always, all opinions expressed are my own!