On my recent trip to Los Cabos, Mexico I knew I wanted get into the water and snorkel to get up close with the beautiful marine life below. About ten miles east of Cabo San Lucas is Santa Maria Bay, one of the top snorkeling spots in Los Cabos! It was important to me to find a reputable and knowledgeable company with which to book our snorkeling tour and, after a bit of research, I found the perfect one! Pezgato Cabo offers half-day, intimate snorkeling tours along with Whale Watching trips and a variety of Sunset Cruises in Los Cabos.
Depending on the activity you choose, they have set departure times each day for their boats. I went with the 12pm snorkeling tour, allowing my husband and I to sleep in a little and enjoy some R&R at our resort before heading out for the day!
- All snorkel gear (mask, snorkel, fins)
- Beverages (bottled water, sodas, and an open bar!)
- Fresh fruits & Lunch (deli sandwiches, chips & salsa/guac)
- Boat transfer to and from Santa Maria Bay
We were asked to arrive 20 minutes prior to our boat departure to allow enough time to check in and board our boat. When we arrived, the process took just a few minutes and we secured ourselves a cozy spot on the net of the beautiful catamaran to bask in the sun! As soon as we got seated, one of the crew members immediately offered me a drink of my choice from their open bar while we waited to leave the dock.
As we left the dock, the captain and crew briefed us on the safety features and distributed our snorkel gear. The boat ride was approximately 40 minutes and we got an amazing view of the Arch of Cabo San Lucas along with other beautiful rock formations along the way. When we arrived at Santa Maria Bay, I was pleasantly surprised by how few snorkelers were in the area. I loved having the bay almost to ourselves!
The water temperature was a bit chilly, but I didn't even care -- the visibility was amazing as we bumped fins with schools of beautiful fish!
After snorkeling, we dried off on the boat and enjoyed a deliciously prepared lunch on our way back to the marina dock. Along the way, the captain stuck around a little longer to allow us to catch sight of a huge Humpback whale with its baby following along. It was my first time seeing a whale and it really is as breathtaking as everyone says it is! Before long, we were back at the marina dock and our snorkeling tour had come to a close.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- You can book your tour directly on their website or call 619-446-6339 to reserve your spot
- Cost: $74 USD / person (children 5-11 are half price and children under 5 are free)
- Duration of the tour: 4 hours with daily departure times at 10am and 12pm
- Arrive at Gate 4 on the main dock of the Marina 20 minutes prior to your tour
- Bring your swimsuit, a towel and a change of clothes or a swim coverup
- If you forget your camera, don't worry: there is a photographer on board to capture your memories, which you can choose to purchase at the end of the tour for $30
I had such an incredible time snorkeling with Pezgato Cabo in Santa Maria Bay! If you find yourself in Los Cabos and are looking for a fun and hospitable crew to spend an afternoon with, look no further. Professional and personable, they delivered one of the most memorable snorkeling tours I could have asked for.
Book It: Pezgato Cabo
This post was written in partnership with Pezgato Cabo.
As always, all honest opinions expressed are my own.