When visiting Yosemite National Park, I spent two nights at the charming Rush Creek Lodge. Located just half a mile from the park's west entrance, this lovely lodge is the closest accommodation outside of the park. Its rustic charm, contemporary design and the smell of fresh wood pretty much had me sold from the moment I stepped foot onto the property!
Planning a last-minute trip, I realized many of the hotels and BNBs inside the park were either too expensive or completely booked out. As I searched for a place to stay, I wanted the full Yosemite experience in a picturesque setting, yet I still wanted to stay in close proximity to the park without paying an arm and a leg.
A co-worker of mine suggested Evergreen Lodge, but there was no availability for the weekend. Luckily, I found that they had a sister property which was even closer to Yosemite Valley. Score! Newly opened (in June 2016), I knew it would be the perfect place for a cozy weekend getaway!
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- You can book your stay directly on their website or Booking.com, making it quick and easy to reserve your room!
- Be sure to pack your swim suit -- Rush Creek has a fantastic pool and two hot tubs!
- Dress in layers! Rush Creek Lodge is located at a higher elevation than Yosemite Valley, so temperatures will be a little cooler at the lodge.
- Check-in is at 3:30pm and Check-out time is 11am
- Complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout the property
- Instead of your usual television, all rooms come equipped with board games and books to give you an authentic getaway experience and will keep you entertained all weekend long. Such a cozy touch!
Amenities in each room include air conditioning, satellite radio, a Keurig single-cup brewer (can you imagine how excited I was to be able to brew coffee in my own room each morning?!), a refrigerator, an electronic safe, an iPod dock, bath products, a hair dryer and an iron.
- Lodge Rooms
Designed for up to 4 guests. All rooms come with a sitting area and private deck with forest views.
- Lodge Suites
Designed for up to 4 guests. These one-bedroom suites come with a separate living room and cast iron gas fireplace and private deck with forest/sunset views.
- One-Bedroom Villas
Perfect for couples looking for a more intimate lodging experience. Every villa has a master bedroom with a king bed, sitting area, cast iron gas fireplace and private deck with forest/sunset views!
- Hillside Villas
Designed for up to 6 guests. These spacious two-bedroom villas come with all the amenities featured in the One-Bedroom Villas above plus an additional bedroom with either a second king bed or two twin beds.
We splurged and stayed in one of these gorgeous Hillside Villas and I absolutely did not want to leave!
- The Restaurant is open daily for Breakfast & Dinner and we enjoyed both here! The staff is extremely warm and welcoming and I didn't have a single meal I didn't enjoy! If you're looking for a quiet dinner after a long day out in the park, this is the perfect spot to wind down.
- The Tavern is open daily for Lunch & Dinner. If you're looking for a more upbeat option, hit the bar for drinks and stay for a pub-style dinner. It's the place to be if you're looking to meet other guests and enjoy the nightly entertainment!
- The General Store & Gift Shop is a convenient option if you want to grab a cup of coffee or snacks for the trail. They have all the little things you were worried you may have forgotten (the hubs needed a little Motrin after rolling his ankle on our hike .. yikes!).
- Nightly s'mores around the fire from 6-8pm *FREE*
- Live music in the heart of the resort *FREE*
- Hikes & Tours are available and you can reserve these through the Recreation Desk
- The Indoor Game Room in the main lodge has something for everyone (foosball, shuffleboard and other games/toys) *FREE*
Activities vary from week to week and are posted on their website and Facebook page, but Rush Creek Lodge has a great calendar with the most up to date events, which you'll receive upon check-in!
If you're looking for a cozy hideout with modern amenities and friendly staff to get the most of your experience in Yosemite, you must book your stay at Rush Creek Lodge for your weekend away! I'm already looking forward to our next little getaway!
This is not a sponsored post. As always, all opinions expressed are my own!